Friday, February 26, 2010

Erica's 2009 Christmas Faves

Christmas is not one of my favorite memories to scrap. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because it always seems the same: open presents, lift them up, pose for pictures. Blah, blah, blah. So to get around that, I'm trying to take different approaches to the holiday memories. The first one was Household Chores where I wrote about Erica earning allowance for helping me decorate the tree. This one is a little more traditional, but with a twist...it's a looking back memory from today.

Erica got some really good presents this year that she REALLY wanted. The first is the Nintendo DS. She has wanted one for a while. Santa told her he would have to see if he had any left cuz they had been so popular...he did, lucky Erica! Another present that she really wanted was dangle earrings. Grannie Annie came got her two beautiful pairs and she loves them. Unfortunately mom created a really bad situation with them, so she's a bit gun shy over them (you'll see a "worst momma ever" story one of these days). And Grandma gave Erica a bunch of dress-up clothes, some she made and others she found pre-made for a deal. All of them are wonderful and still big hits today (well, the earrings will be again, soon...). This layout is a 2-pg sketch from Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life Class...see, I told you I was productive this past weekend. If I'm lucky, I'll get one more layout done so I can post by the weekend...and just in time to be assigned three more projects (ugh!).

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm liking the colors for this Christmas Layout. Easy on the eye and not the traditional red and greens! I'm disappointed in myself- only took 5 pictures on our Christmas Day but that made it easy to pick for my layout!