Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Denali Road Lottery

Denali National Park (aka Mount McKinley National Park) is not open to private vehicle traffic...except the last weekend of the season. In order to get a pass, you apply for the lottery in June. Here is the link to the lottery info and some early details for 2010.

Yup, you guessed it...I was selected as a lottery winner this year. Unfortunately it was on the weekend Jeff was hunting and I didn't really want to drive all the way by myself. So I asked Nicole and her daughter Bella if they wanted to go us...we had a blast! There was morning fog that didn't lift until we got to Polychrome pass, which I'm sure prevented us from seeing alot of wild life. The really cool thing is we heard moose in the rut. We also saw a lone, lame, caribou. I joked that we should watch it for a while and we'd probably see some wolves or a bear...although I'm sure it wasn't much of a joke, which was why he was probably alone. And Erica and Bella got to know each other better...and that started a new friendship.

Anyway, here's the layout. I used Bazzill cardstock, American Crafts Thickers, and stickers from our local scrapbooking store (thank goodness for Alaskana products!!!).

2 comments:

Dalon said...

nice layout!! and great colors - I love bright, rich colors :-)

Debbie said...

Thanks for the lottery info link..I may try for it in 2010- after being here 31 years worth the try! Love the colors on your layout...and the stickers are a perfect addition.