Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sierra - Freaky Friday Challenge

This week's Freaky Friday Challenge at ACBailey is to scrap someone or something you miss. I scrapped my favorite memory of my Granny at Christmas last year with one of the ACB challenges. I wish I could've scrapped my Grandfather this year, but I just couldn't seem to find the right inspiration to do him justice...I guess I still miss him too much.

So I picked a fairly easy subject...or so I thought. I adopted a retired racing greyhound in 1995 and had her until 2003. I have three series of pictures of her. One when I first adopted her, the second was our first Christmas together, and the third was our last Christmas. I didn't even realize that until I started posting the layout...and that's when it hit me. She was my "girly girl" and I miss her so!!!I have to to share my favorite story about her. She had her own couch, and was not allowed on "our" furniture. When we were around, she never broke those rules. However, we'd come home from work in the evenings to find our throw pillows on the floor, so we knew she was breaking the rules. To see if we were right, we set up a video camera on our mantle facing the couch. It recorded 1 or 2 seconds every 30 seconds. It showed us leaving in the morning with her at the top of the stairs watching us leave. As soon as the garage door closed (or so it seemed), she was up on the couch making herself comfy. She got up, ate (presumably), came back, and slept most of the day...on the couch. Then, as it was getting close to us coming home, she positioned herself where her head was on the arm of the couch watching down the stairs. As the garage door opened, she jumped off the couch and ran to the top of the stairs, eagerly greeting us at the door as if she had done nothing wrong. What a hoot!!!

And supplies for the page: Papers, button, and brads from the ACBailey Dec 2008 KOTM (Wassail papers from Basic Gray), alphas from Pink Paisley, journaling spot from Sweetwater, and unknown misc ribbon.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

The writing you did for this page is so true. I can picture her on the couch and getting off just in time. Can't believe you video taped her though- how funny!
I posted to the Random Challenge just before Midnight Sunday-check it out!

Dalon said...

I love the story of your doggy!! Too funny! Makes me scared though - now with 2 boys, what would I find???!! Ack!! ;-) Love that you did this great layout - now you can look at it and enjoy more often ;-)