Monday, December 21, 2009

Some Christmas Cards

Well, I did it...Christmas Cards went out in the mail today. Jeff dropped them off at the Post Office for me (whew). He called and said he had a hard time finding a mail box that had enough room for them...and there were only 50. I joked and said, "Well, I guess I'm not the last one to send out cards this year...just the last one from THREE YEARS AGO." He had a good laugh over that one. But I've got news for him, one of my co-workers is working on FIFTEEN YEARS (although I think she was exaggerating a bit).

So here are some of the cards I sent out this year. I already posted the digital card...it looks better online than in person, I didn't use good paper for printing (sorry for everyone that gets one of those...I'm still learning).

This first card I *started* making three years ago. I used the Xyron Personal Cutting System to cut the letters and the ornament.
This next card is my favorite. I found it by googling "Handmade Christmas Cards." I'm sorry, I forgot what site it was on. It cracked me up when I saw it and just HAD to make some. I printed the sentiment onto cardstock, cut that out with a circle punch, doodled around the edge, put in an eyelet and small wire to make it look like an ornament (at least I HOPE it looks like an ornament). Hee, hee...I think it's cute. This one uses some We R Memory Keepers papers (I think...I can't remember for sure, sorry). The ribbon isn't tied very nice, sorry. I also made some with some bright Stampin' Up Christmas papers from a few years ago.
This card uses some We R Memory Keepers papers, a Stampin' Up! stamp and a snowflake cut from the Cricut with the Winter Woodland cartridge. I also found this idea from googling "Handmade Christmas Cards." Beautiful and easy! I also used this layout with a bright blue, red, and ivory color scheme...sounds odd, but I think it turned out great (the papers were Scenic Route).
And Erica got into some of the fun. I found this idea on a Family Fun website. These are cards for the teachers at her Day Care.








2 comments:

Debbie said...

cute cards- have to admit though I am a bit slow with the ho3...had to say it out loud more than once!!Merry Christmas to you and family (ho ho ho!)

Dalon said...

thanks for sharing these! I dont' make cards much because I'm to selfish to send out anything creative I do - because it's so little! ha!! am looking forward to more crops :-)