Wednesday, December 2, 2009

HUGE Crab Legs...and Featured Layout!!!

As you have seen, I've been participating in the ACBailey Freaky Friday Challenge each Friday in the month of November. I JUST realized I haven't posted the Nov 27 layout, so here ya go. Oh, and I just got a notice from Memory Makers Magazine that this layout is featured this week online (WOO HOO!!!). Here's the link!!!

This week's challenge is to do a layout about a holiday meal or recipe (Thanksgiving or Christmas). Well, our favorite recipe is "Sweet Potato Goo" also known as Sweet Potato Casserole...not the kind with marshmallows, it has crumble on the top (ha, now you know why it's our favorite). Anyway, I made TWO casseroles this year and wouldn't you know I forgot to get pictures. But, I do have pictures of last year's Christmas (or was it Christmas Eve? I'm not sure) dinner. These crab legs were soooo big (how big were they?). They were soooo big we had to break them in half just to get them in the pot to cook. I can usually eat 4 or 5 crab legs (yes, I'm a piggy), but I think I only ate 2 of these puppies. YUM!!!


These products are from the ACBailey Nov Kit of the Month (SEI papers, misc buttons, flowers, chipboard), Pebbles Inc ribbon from the Aug Kit of the Month, and Maya Rd chipboard from the Dec 2008 Kit of the Month.

Oh, and here's a funny sweet potato goo story: I went scrapping all day on Friday and Saturday. I called Jeff to say hi and to talk to Erica. On one of the calls he says, "That goo tastes different today." I asked him if it was the goo in the left over tub or the one in the casserole dish. He confirmed it was the one in the casserole dish. I replied, "That's because that one hasn't been cooked yet." Ha...

1 comment:

Dalon said...

congrats Michelle!!! how wonderful! (I checked their website, and when there is any connotation about their gallery, your layout shows up!!) :-)