Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Presents...balanced asymmetry

I'm all over the board scrapping, aren't I? Sometimes I wish I was a chronological scrapper, but some things just call to me better than others. Scrapping about Erica opening her presents didn't really inspire me, other than specifically the ring she got from Ian (so sweet!). But as I am taking Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class, I'm getting a little more inspired to scrap certain things.

Anyway...As I mentioned in prior posts, Erica's birthday party this year was a skating party. Everyone was having so much fun, they hardly wanted to break for pizza and cake. So I decided I'd have them skate longer rather than take time to open presents. When we got home, some of the neighborhood kids came over to watch Erica open her presents...and play Princess Dress-Up afterward.
This layout uses pattern papers from Colorbok, American Crafts Thicker alphas, and felt butterflies from Jenni Bowlin. And of course it's based on a Sketch from Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

No comments: