Saturday, January 9, 2010

Daisy Service Project

I'm having such a blast with my Cricut!!! I saw a GREAT layout in Scrapbooks Etc that was perfect for Erica's Daisy Service Project. We went camping in Nov at the Girl Scout Camp in Wasilla. While we were there, the girls made bird feeders by spreading peanut butter on toilet paper rolls and then rolling them in bird seeds. Then they placed the feeders over branches outside. We never saw any birds that weekend...but then it was -20 while we were there (BRRRR).

So this layout is based on a 1-pg layout I saw in the magazine. I had so many pictures I had to make it a 2-pg spread...and even then I didn't get to use all the pictures. The pattern paper is K&Co (one of the patterns had those great birds that I cut out), the cardstock is Bazzill and Stampin' Up! And the branch/flowers were cut from the Serenade Cricut cartridge.

I'm taking a WONDERFUL class from Cathy Zielske online. Last week's theme was Balance-Symmetry. This is a perfect example of balanced symmetry...what you see on one side is equal to the other. And that works even though the two pages are essentially rotated. Wow, I'm already applying what I'm learning...or at least I THINK I am.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This turned out fabulous...what a great idea! The pink pops!

Dalon said...

love this layout Michelle!!! the bird is great - and so are the branches ;-)