Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One of my resolutions...and more balanced asymmetry

If I document it, it's real, right? Last year I blogged about wanting to run a half marathon. Guess what, the one I was originally planning on doing is NEXT WEEKEND. Tracee is the gal in the picture with me and she's going, even though I'm not. I'm soooo excited for her, and a bit disappointed in myself. My "excuse" is that I got really sick last fall and lost 6-8 weeks of training, then couldn't recover. I know I got stressed about catching up and being able to get where I needed to be. For me, time is not an issue...it's finishing without stopping. And I just didn't see that happening.

So now I scrapped about my goal of running the Mayor's Marathon (half for me) the weekend of the Summer Solstice. That's five months away...I can do it if I knuckle down and train. And now that I shared this with you, I'll be REALLY disappointed in myself if I don't do it. I thrive on challenges, so I know I can do it if I try!

This layout uses Bazzill cardstock, running shapes from the Sports Mania Cricut cartridge, and patterned paper from CTMH. I scanned my bib, printed it, and put the safety pins in it since it was too big for the layout. I also added the digital timing chip I wore from the race. The journaling block is from Cathy Zeilski and the layout sketch is also from her...and the Design Your Life class I'm taking from Big Picture Scrapbooking.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You're doing good with Cathy's class- this layout has ALL the important pieces and is easy on the eye. Great Job! You will be ready by June, just get started soon with your training, that is the hardest part-starting! Check in with my latest layout posting on my blog!