Monday, January 25, 2010

Homemade Valentines?

Do you give Valentines each year? I do...it's a little piece of appreciation. And Erica likes to sign the card, too! With all the tools and supplies I have, I can't imagine buying a card, I have to make them (and not just Valentines, but also Birthday, Christmas, etc).

Sometimes cards for men are hard...you can't put flowers or foo-foo ribbon, or really anything frilly. You also can't use pastel colors. So what does that leave you to work with? You might think: not much. But that's not true. There are some basic things to keep in mind for cards for men. I got a newsletter a few weeks ago with a link to this blog that had some great suggestions. Check it out.

And here's my take for a Valentine card for men. I used some new Pink Paislee Cupid papers and a little hemp. Have fun making a card for the man/men in your life, too!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I've never been great about getting Christmas stuff done on time. When I was baking professionally, the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas were crazy busy. By "the chocolate holiday" I was well rested and ready to play at my trade. Sometimes I'd deliver Valentines the way most people mail Christmas cards. It was fun. Browsing around today I bumped into your site and remembered those times.