Monday, February 6, 2012

White Christmas...the 9th day

On the 9th day of Christmas, I didn't like the layout.  Well, that's not true, I liked the layout, but I didn't like what they wanted us to do with the layout...it was supposed to be making treats.  That just didn't go with the title, in my mind.  Sooooo, I decided to make it a more traditional White Christmas story.  In this case, I wrote about wondering if this would be our last white Christmas or not.  We're on track for a record year of snow fall.  What a way to say good-bye to the winter wonderland that is Alaska.  And while the long, cold, dark winters get old, I bet we're going to miss all the snow when we really think about it.  I just can't imagine a Christmas without snow.  It seems integral to the magic of the season.  So I guess we'll see...
So a little background (that I should've included, but I just didn't have room).  Jeff keeps the snow blower in the shed int he backyard.  But, because of all the snow we get, if he didn't snow blow a path, he wouldn't be able to get it in and out of the back yard...and in fact, the gate remains open each year for the winter season for the same reason (forget that it blew off in the late fall and he didn't fix it).  Erica actually walked right up to the fence in the backyard and sat on it...it's a 6' fence.  Some of that is due to the snow blower and a bit of snow drift, but not all of it.  We've really gotten alot of snow.  And as it warms up, it settles and really packs down, so she was able to walk on top of it as it got closer to the fence line.

No comments: