Sunday, November 22, 2009

Disneyland Autopia - Inspriation

WOW...can I tell you how much fun it is to do layout challenges? I'm having a blast. I have been uploading layouts to several scrapbooking sites to promote ACBailey and *forgot* I used to upload to Scrapjazz waaay back when. I played around in their forum and found a challenge very inspiring...their alphabet challenge. The "Always Believe" post was the letter "J" for journaling strips. Now I'm getting ready to post for the letter "I" which is for inspiration. They sent us to a site and told us to look around and find some inspiration, then do a layout based on that inspiration.

We have been to Disneyland two years in a row the first week in January (we'll be breaking that streak this year...but will be at Disney World over spring break...YEAH!!!). Anyway, the first year we went, Autopia was the first ride we went on and it ended up being Erica's favorite. Lucky for us the lines were never very long, so we spent alot of time at Autopia. And lucky for me, we got Autopia Driver Licenses for me to scrap (woo hoo).

OK, no more stalling...Here's my inspiration...and here's my layout.

I used Prima Marketing Youth papers (they kinds look road-ish, right?) and American Crafts Poolside Thickers (up close they look leathery...almost like car tires). To try an mimic the vintage/distressed look of the frames, I used an edge distresser on the photos and then inked them.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

love the paper you used!! and the layout is a good one for many pics ;-)