Monday, November 23, 2009

Snow thanks???

I am thankful for snow. Ha...this sounds odd, but there's a story behind it. If you live or have lived in Alaska, you can probably appreciate this. We are almost in winter (Dec 21 is the Winter Solstice). But for Alaska, it's already cold and D-A-R-K. Unfortunately I live in a part of the neighborhood with no street lights. People have complained to the association, but they say it's not cost effective to put a light near our house. HRUMPH. It's a good thing we have snow, though. When it's dark and there's snow on the ground, any little bit of light there is gets reflected off the snow and it doesn't seem that dark. And guess what...on a really clear day when the moon is out, there are really cool moon shadows in the snow.

One other nice thing about WHEN it snows...it has to be at least in the teens, so the temperature isn't toooooo bad. It's weird, but it never snows when it's in single digit temperatures or negative. I'm sure there's a technical meteorological thing...

So, for this week's ACBailey Challenge, I scrapped about being thankful for snow (dorky, sorry). Part of the challenge said we couldn't scrap anything with fall colors. Well, these are Alaskan fall colors (ha), but I don't think this is what they meant.

I used papers and swirl from the ACBailey Aug Kit of the Month (papers from Upsy Daisy, Prima swirl). The alphas are Pink Paisley from the Captivating sticker book. Oh, and the felt ribbon was adhered with Zip Dry...this stuff is AWESOME!!! As far as I'm concerned, it's a must have item for every paper crafter!!! It dries fast and doesn't warp papers like other liquid glues.

2 comments:

Dalon said...

DITTO!! am so glad I got that glue - thanks Michelle :-) and I LOVE the colors you chose for this layout - a simple design but so gorgeous!!

Debbie said...

I can't wait to try some zip dry - this is a wonderful winter layout.
I will welcome more daylight- how about you?